There is a powerful, life-giving phenomenon, called the Humboldt Current, in the Pacific Ocean of South America. Its positive effects reach for miles to unlikely places and in unlikely ways. These are my education goals for the children I teach on the North Dakota prairie -- fall in love with learning, then go change your world…

Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Magic Tree House Themed Classroom

I posted some pictures of my classroom on the old blog site, but have never added them to this new site.  One beautiful thing about educators is – we love to share ideas!  So for those of you interested in a Magic Tree House theme or some variation thereof, here is a peek at my classroom.  Feel free to borrow, beg, or steal whatever suits your purposes.  And as always, questions are welcome.  If you prefer email, you can reach me @:  ewetopia@bektel.com

THE CLASSROOM: 

I love these ancient wooden doors!

It is more of a command than request, really...

I found this great Melissa & Doug alphabet puzzle and used it as a border.  The "smoke" is wool from my sheep days

Mr. Dahl made the fab portable stand with chalkboard on front.  The globe is as old as the earth itself

This is where we start each day




Our reading corner.  We spend a lot of happy time here each day

The "tree" is made of butcher paper and silk leaves



My new unofficial class motto - my church gave these out to promote missions - I love the power of its message



Somewhere behind the plant is my desk


I feel strongly that first grade is not too young to appreciate fine art.  I mean, c'mon, Kandinsky is right in a 6-year-old's wheelhouse!

Vanity station - gotta' have one of those, right??


Meet Chester - class mascot



IN THE HALL COMING INTO THE CLASSROOM:

My door forms the trunk of the "tree" and its branches cover the wall space around it

Handy Dandy Mr. Dahl added the floor of the tree house, which is suspended from exposed duct work



A broader view of the upper door way.  The leaves are die cut from construction paper.

The tire swing and rope ladder are painted directly onto the wall using plain old craft paint


1 comment:

  1. I love your classroom door so much! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete